Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

I apologize for my week-long absence. It has been rather busy the past week- moving back to Oxford, beginning my first last semester at Ole Miss, and trying to adjust to the gruesome 8:00am classes. (Have I mentioned I am not a morning person?) So, I thought it would be fun to have a Thirsty Thursday. Thanks to Pinterest and my latest compulsive purchase at Target, I was able to make this heavenly concoction yesterday. and I liked it so much that, naturally, I made it again today.


This, my friends, on the left would be my new, adorable single serve blender that I stumbled upon at Target  for $15. (The best part about it is that the blending cup is a portable cup that you can take right off the blender and drink from.) On the right is the recipe (courtesy of Pinterest- you are redeeming yourself from my previous post) for the wonderful concoction nesteed inside of the blender. It is a SKINNY Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie. The even bigger hooray of this smoothie is that it has four ingredients- FOUR. When I began to look at smoothie recipes, many had so many ingredients, and quite frankly ingredients that I had no desire to taste (spinach, no thank you!). All you need to make this smoothie is:

  1. 1 cup of skim milk (This is what I used, but any milk would work obviously)
  2. 1 tbsp of Peanut Butter (Reduced Fat is recommended in the "Skinny" recipe)
  3. 1 banana, sliced
  4. 1/2 cup of ice
You add the four into the blender and blend until smooth. That's it! 
 
If you are as much as a Peanut Butter/Banana lover as I am, then you are sure to love this and its easy making!

Happy (almost) weekend, friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment