So, here we go. As promised, I am back from Houston, and I have multiple awkward moments to share. In fact, there are so many that I had to choose which ones to share. I haven't figured out the reasoning yet, but Awkward has a crush on me and follows me like a shadow. Without further ado,
- Let's start out with this guy. This is a foot-long hot dog. This is the epitome of awkward. No, the ball park did not sell "regular" hot dogs. They only served foot-longs. Therefore, in the spirit of the baseball atmosphere, I ordered a foot-long hot dog. Disclaimer: There is no non-awkward way to try to eat a foot-long hot dog. So, at one point, I suppose I was really into the game and picked this bad boy up upside-down. You can guess the aftermath. Yellow is my favorite color, but mustard on white shorts was not my ideal style for the day.
- People bring sunscreen to the pool. People bring towels to the pool. People bring life-sized teddy bears to the pool.. Yep. As we were sitting at the pool Saturday, a full-fledged adult felt the need to bring a five-foot teddy bear to the pool with him. (I am still trying to figure this one out myself).
- Sunday night we went to Raging Cajun which seemed to be a family-oriented restaurant but apparently was structured for giants. I get to the drink dispenser and make it beyond obvious I have never been to the restaurant before. I am a little over 5'6 and had to stand on my tip-toes to get my lemonade. Needless to say, I couldn't see the top of the glass, so as I go to pull my drink down, it billows over my cup and drenches my arm and legs. So if you're keeping score at home, we have mustard on the white shorts and pink lemonade on the rest of my body.
- Friday morning I boarded the plane and began the infuriating task of trying to "stow away my carry-on items." Most of the time, this occurs flawlessly. Not Friday. No, my pink tote bag decided she was claustrophobic and didn't want to fit in the bin. So here I am pulling a Ben Stiller practically heaving myself against the bag trying to make it go into the overhead bin. Need I mention it was before seven AM and I provided everyone with a comical wake-up call.
- When I got there Friday, Andrew had to work, so I was left to entertain myself without a car on a rainy day in Houston. I had to be at the airport at 4am, so I fell asleep pretty quickly. When I woke up, Maury was playing on the TV. I could not find the remote, so yes, I watched Maury episodes... awkward all by itself.
- Boyfriend, being the wonderful guy that he is, got me the flowers you are about to see in the Awesome section below. As I just mentioned, Friday was rainy, so when the sun came out Saturday, I was determined that these pretties needed sun. I set them out on the balcony, and they were happy as can be there. Well, Sunday came along, and when I went to check on them, they were dead as a door knob. All twelve of them. I killed my flowers. Every last one of them. (Sorry, Andrew.)
- The beautiful flowers that were waiting upon my arrival! (Also the ones that I fried :(
- Watching the Astros win 12-0 and also seeing a grand slam. Baseball games just can't be beat.
- CHUY'S. Yes, I went. Are you surprised?
- Dinner at the Spindle Top- it was on top of the Hyatt, and it
rotates around as you eat so you get the full view of the city. It was
so pretty! The food was wonderful too.
- Pretty days beside a pool. I need summer.
- Getting to spend an awesome weekend with one of my favorite people and loving every single awkward minute of it.
|View from the Spindle Top- does no justice.|