- Tuesday, I had to attend an initiation ceremony for Beta Gamma Sigma, an honor society for Business/Accountancy majors. I already find school-related ceremonies painfully awkward: from the business-related attire to the inevitable speech to walking across stages in front of large masses of strangers to finally maneuvering through rows of seats to get back to your own. You get what I am saying. So, here I am, in this already awkward situation, and our row is guided to the stage where yes, we have to walk out in front of the masses. As my name is read, I walk with prayers on repeat that I don't face plant (that happens frequently), and I safely make it to the table where I am supposed to receive my certificate and pin(awkward again). As I get to the table, the girl asks me my name; I respond, and guess what? She couldn't find my certificate.... She asks if we can talk after the ceremony. I smile and say sure. I turn around, face the nosy masses who are wondering why this girl is the only incompetent initiate who doesn't get a certificate and smile yet again and walk to my seat empty-handed. I was hoping that everyone was blinded by the eager-beaver mother in the back of the room snapping photos that no one notice my blunder. Nope, one of the staff crawls through the rows of seats to get to mine and asks me my name and promises to find my certificate. Let's just say the Pony Express won't leave the watering trough, and my certificate will be here in a few days.
- Wednesday, I had been sick for over a week now with sinuses/allergies, but things had begun to look up for the good old immune system until Wednesday. I had just found my seat in my MIS class (which only has thirty to forty people) when a coughing spell decides to take over my body. I naively thought it would surrender within a few seconds, but no the cough fought viciously. After I realized this, I got up from my seat and found the nearest water fountain. I waited until I thought the cough had ceased. I returned to my seat in class and resumed listening to the monotonous computer programming lecture. Within a minute and a half, it was back with a vengeance. I did not want to get up for a second time, so I tried as hard as I could not to cough. I can only imagine the excruciatingly awkward faces I was making in this process. Eventually, the cough won out; I was coughing so much that tears were in my eyes- TEARS- which made it more awkward in that people thought I was probably crying from my public humiliation. Therefore, I excused myself yet again. You're welcome for the entertainment, peers.
- Thursday, I had my management test. The room where this class is held is literally an inferno. It should just be referred to as the Boiler Room. Irrelevant to my story. Just me venting. Go with it. So, back to the test. As I am minding my own business, trying to make it through downsizing issues and MTBI personality traits, a pesky bug lands on my test. I try to shoo it off. It dies on the front page of my test. I want to scream because I have half of a dead bug on my hand and the other half on my test, but I am not sure that would fly with Teach. and the other 120-ish students in the class. Therefore, I have to bit my lip and finish through my test. Why me? Why my test?
- Double Decker was this weekend. One of my favorite weekends of the year in this town and one of the 1000 reasons I love my secondary home. From the "Big as Yo Head" ice cream sandwiches to the tents of vendors showcasing their art, designs, food creations etc., to the red Double Decker buses voyaging through the town, to the music performances all weekend, and mostly the beauty of this quaint town makes it so memorable.
- My sister came this weekend and I got to spend it with her. Much needed and thoroughly enjoyed.
- Today's beautiful weather and a run at the park!
- The green and white striped skirt and spring scarf I bought today!
- One more week left of classes! Woo hoo (even though I will be in school all summer- just let me think it's still almost here for me!)
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!