Friday, April 13, 2012

Dear #WhatShouldWeCallMe, thank you for this clip. It is a perfect example of what led me to my utter humiliaton today.


Dear Newks worker, Thank you for attempting to be patient with me while I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off and made a complete fool of myself in your presence.


Dear Common Sense, WHERE ARE YOU? 

Dear Pimento Cheese Sandwich and Fire Roasted Tomato Soup, Thank you for, at least, being worth the humiliation I unfortunately embraced to purchase you.

Dear readers who are intrigued by my daily idiocies, So if you haven't figured it out already, I ate lunch(soup and sandwich) at Newks today where I completely embarrassed myself because my "favorite thing" was on the menu (hence the #whatshouldwecall me clip). I love Newks tomato soup, so much that, embarrassingly enough, last night at a friend's birthday extravaganza, I was asking people what Newks Soup schedule was. Yep, I am that awkward and food-oriented. So, when Amanda and I arrived there today and I saw that the tomato soup was indeed on the menu, I was elated. I was in a state of euphoria as I ordered and did not calculate in my head that I had spent money last night and did not have much left in my wallet. Therefore, when it got to the total of my order, $10.30, I opened my wallet to realize that I only had 9.00. I hissed at Amanda, who was in the line beside me, but she didn't hear me and began to walk towards a table. I counted my money again. Nine dollars. Once more for stubborn me- NINE dollars. Simultaneously, I bit my lip, wanted to melt into the tile floor, put the nine dollars back into my wallet, gave the Newks worker the biggest smile I could manage, asked her to cancel my order, told her I would be back momentarily, and dismissed myself from the line of onlookers. I chased Amanda down, borrowed her card (you're a gem, Roomie), and returned to my scaffold of humiliation. As I approached the same worker (don't you love irony?) for the second time, I tried to smile and reorder only for her to tell me I left my keys at the register. By this time she thought I was a descendant of Mr. Bean/The Three Stooges.  If you are wondering, I didn't let my pride stop me. I ordered that soup and sandwich and ate every last bite.

Happy Friday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. haha. you gotta do what you gotta do, (for food:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, right? That's what I keep trying to tell myself at least :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete