AWKWARD & AWESOME
Ok, so I was feeling a little blog-friendly and decided to do two posts in one day. I haven't done this in a while so felt the need to update you on my life.
- If you go to eat with me more than three times, you start to pick up on my tendency to spill/drop/knock over food/drink on myself and my clothes. This held very true in Houston. As I was eating at Brennan's (nicer restaurant that I mentioned a few posts ago), our waiter was approaching our table as I picked up my glass of water, and you betcha, water came over the brim like a volcano and all into my lap as the waiter took my order. I think I made a great impression.
- In continuation of my dinner, SHRIMP. I have a definite love-hate relationship with this food. I love eating it but HATE peeling it. I should have taken this into consideration when I ordered Shrimp Chippewa at the restaurant, but of course, I didn't. So here I am after the waiter saw my cup turn into Mt. Helena, trying to politely peel my shrimp that are already submerged in grease, butter, and grits. Needless to say, a few shrimp tails were flying around my plate and table, and I had quite the look of flustered determination on my face for a good five minutes.
- For Spring Break, I went with four of my friends to Santa Rosa Beach in Florida. I had just bought a new swim suit and was excited about wearing. So excited that, as I am laying out (it's halfway through the day to add to the kicks and giggles), Samantha says, "Shelby, you are wearing your top upside-down." I tried to argue with her, but sure enough, I had worn the swim suit upside down for approximately four and a half hours. If that doesn't take some awkward talent, I don't know what does.
- Also, on Spring Break, our cab driver one night told us scary/creepy stories and made himself out to sound like a possible serial killer. He then stops at a gas station...... and buys us all Krispy Kreme doughnuts...yep.
- Last week, I walked to my first class with a cloudless blue-sky day. A mere hour later when I walked out of class, it was torrential downpours. I had no umbrella, no rain jacket, and ten minutes to get to my next class where I was being evaluated on my story. So, with all my graceless poise, I sprinted in the rain, through a silent building, laughing so hard that I was snorting (a-w-k-w-a-r-d), to finally reach my class looking like a deranged, wet zoo animal...I love the weather.
- Easter Break and getting to see family and my friends from home
- SNICKER EGGS. There is just something better about snickers when they are in holiday/abnormal shapes.
- Brennan's in Houston and Fish out of Water in Watercolor.
- The fact that I am almost a Senior in college and the Easter Bunny still comes to visit me.
- Same Kind of Different As Me- please do yourself a favor and read this book
- Spring scarves- I am slightly in love.
- Houston weekend trip coming up next weekend!!